Hey it’s the mobile car detailing Gurus from Perth Hand Car Wash here – we are your local mobile automotive detailing specialists and hand car wash provider based in Perth, Western Australia!
I wanted to address and share the top 5 fears and frustrations that my customers have told me that about cleaning their own cars regularly.
Let’s get something straight first of all for anyone with frustrations and fears. I have them myself so you are not the only one.
An example of one of my frustrations is that I do not like painting. It just frustrates me that I cannot get the finish right, I find the sanding down boring and difficult and I am rubbish at cutting in!
My fear is that I thought painting was a fairly basic job. I am a hardworking guy with a keen eye for detail and I should be good at this. But the fact is I’m not! I fear that people will comment on the finish product saying it not great and that I have spent hours doing the work. I fear that my partner will laugh at me. I fear feeling guilty about hiring someone to do the work for me knowing that I should be able to do it myself.
Well when I sat back and addressed my frustrations and fears I had a choice to make. Get over it or get on with it and suffer those feelings. So I called the local painter and guess what….he finished the job in half the time and to a much higher quality than I could have ever!
Some of the frustrations of my customers are listed below. We have also addressed them as to how we can help out:
- Do not know how to clean my vehicle. That is fine! There are a lot of things to know if you want to clean your vehicle properly. It has taken me hundreds of cars to perfect what we do and learning this is not everyone cup of tea. We understand that just as painting was not on my radar for learning a new skill.
- I have family and enjoy my down time. These days everyone seems to be working hard than ever. Juggling family commitments, work, being social and keeping fit takes up most of our time leaving very little for anything else. We do that job for you meaning that you have the time to spend doing the things you love instead of the chores you don’t!
- I enjoy my time off. Of course and cleaning the car is definitely not going to my top priority which is why I put it off until next weekend.
- I hate cleaning. So do most people and that is OK. What do I hate again? Get the professional to do it for you!
- I have to drag the kids around everywhere. Shortly I will know all about this and I cannot wait! However having seen many parents cars and their struggles of getting kids in and out of the car, getting the pram sorted can be stressful depending on the kids behaviours that day. As for removing the car seats! Well we come to you meaning you can keep the kids at home playing with their own toys in an environment that is safe!
- What will they think if I ask them to get in? To be honest I have this as well when I ask someone to get into my van or my partners car. My mind is thinking “Oh there is some mess on the floor, hopefully they won’t notice.” I get that anxious feeling as well but it is OK!
- Will I damage my car? OK potentially yes you can. If you are in the gym and you are doing squats with poor techniques you can damage your back and that is why you have a professional trainer help you to get it right. There is no difference in getting a professional to help you with your car. You will achieve results faster!
- What if I get it wrong and I look silly? Again potentially yes you will. Back to the squats in point 2. If you are doing the squats with poor technique you may look silly so you get the advice of the professional trainer to help you. Same principle applies with your vehicle.
- I should be able to do everything and feel guilty about asking someone else to do it. If you could do everything your life demands of it you would be superman or woman. Doing everything yourself is impossible! Think about it could you deliver every letter you send…No – that is what the postman does. Could you grow everything you eat each day….chances are you cannot and that is what the supermarkets are there for. Cleaning your vehicle is just another of those task that having someone do it for you is an option to you doing it yourself!
- You will judge me personally on my mess! This is the one I get all the time from my customers. Some have said they cleaned out the car before I arrived. I ask them why and this is what they tell me! For us the messier the better and we love the challenge. Also love to see the finished product and your reaction – that is what gives us the satisfaction of the job we do! Trust me when I say that yours is not the messiest we have seen!
I hope I have addressed some of your frustrations and fears. If I haven’t I would love to know what they are so that we can help you!
Thanks for reading!