Hey it’s the mobile car detailing Gurus from Perth Hand Car Wash here – we are your local mobile automotive detailing specialists and hand car wash provider in Perth, Western Australia!
Having detailed hundreds of cars, I have pointed out five things I see on a regular basis in this helpful blog to help you beat the mess this summer. We all know a clean car is a lot more enjoyable, less stressful and above all safer for everyone inside and outside. These tips are easy to implement, and I hope you can make them work for you!
So here they are:
- Take ownership of its current state. If it is in a total mess, then get it cleaned! Either do it yourself, pay your friend, your brother, the local car wash or car detailer but make sure it is as clean as possible with the resources you have. This will really help you with the next few points as it will mean you will have a blank canvas to start from.
- Once the car is clean, you need to be responsible for removing rubbish. For instance if you bring a disposable coffee cup into the car, then make sure that when you are leaving the car it has to be taken and thrown into the bin. A good habit will be formed if you can manage this and adhere to it forever!!
- On long journeys remember to take some plastic bags with you so that it is easy to collect, store and dispose of rubbish during your trip. Find somewhere to hang your plastic bag so that you and any passengers can easily put their rubbish into it. This will prevent the rubbish from falling on the floor and rolling under the seats to be lost until it starts smelling!
- Keep a box in the boot. It can be a nice plastic crate or a cardboard box from the supermarket, but it needs to be big enough to fit your stuff in. Keeping your stuff in the boot in a box will mean it is safely placed and will not be rolling around in the back of your car. Also having a box is great for storing those sandy, muddy or wet items that we carry around. Another good point is that your stuff is in the boot out of sight from any lurking criminals!
- Get yourself some floor mats. I have detailed hundreds of family cars and around 75% of the cars do not have any floor mats. When you have these mats, it becomes easy and quick for you to remove rubbish, sand, dust and other mishaps from your car such as spills. Simply remove the floor mats so that nothing spills in the car and then shake them off into the bins. I would recommend rubber floor mats for families with young kids or drivers who use the beach frequently, have pets or use their vehicles for work like tradesmen etc. Another excellent benefit of floor mats is that they will help to protect your carpet upholstery in your car.
So there you have it, 5 tips for keeping your vehicle’s interior clean this summer.
If you have question please post them in the comments box or if you want to know something in particular.
Enjoy the summer!